Security Officer-1st Shift- job post APPLY NOW
Security Officer-SHIFT 1
Grady Health System
Atlanta, GA 30303 (Downtown area)
Apply on Company Site
Grady Health System offers many career paths for your professional growth. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your career, you can find a rewarding position at Grady!
The Security Officer protects a defined area or facility against fire, theft, hazardous conditions, and illegal or unauthorized entry to Grady Health System property and/or restricted System areas. Monitors radio transmissions and responds to assigned calls and emergency calls for service. Performs fixed and patrol post functions, which are essential to patient, visitor, employee and physician safety and security.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of one year of applicable work experience is required.
- Must maintain a valid state issued driver’s license and good driving record as outlined by the health system’s insurance carrier.
- Must be in good physical condition, physically capable of subduing unruly and disruptive individuals, and detaining individuals under specified conditions.
- Must have command of the English language and be fully capable of accurately and precisely completing Incident Reports, Daily Reports, Safety and Fire Reports, and all other written and typed documents required during the course of their duties.
- Must have basic computer knowledge to be able to check emails and complete departmental assignments.
- Must be capable of working flexible hours and any day of the week.
- Must be fully knowledgeable of radio communication codes and operating policies and procedures.